The M.Sc. programs above of the BGU require full-time study, examinations, and a thesis with a duration of two years.
BGU has reserved 5 entry places for successful applicants of the Logicom Scholarship program that fulfil the entry requirements of BGU for the respective programs and are formally accepted by BGU.
The successful applicants will need to:
(a) Apply for the Logicom Scholarship program in Cooperation with BGU and be provisionally selected by Logicom, subject to the steps described below.
(b) Upon initial provisional selection by Logicom, Ben-Gurion University will appoint an advisor for the potential Thesis of the graduate student (subject to availability)
(c) Subsequently, the student will need to apply directly with the BGU by fulfilling their entry requirements which are available at the BGU website with electronic address http://in.bgu.ac.il/en/international/Pages/Graduate-Studies.aspx
(d) Upon firm acceptance by BGU, Logicom will provide the final confirmation for the scholarship award
Scholarships Application Deadline: 31 July 2019
The terms and conditions of the Logicom Graduate Scholarships Program in Cooperation with Ben-Gurion University of the Negev 2019-20 can be amended or revoked at the discretion of Logicom.
A. Applicants Requirements in order to apply for the Logicom Scholarship program:
Applicants for the Logicom Scholarship Program in Cooperation with the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev are expected to:
1. Hold an Undergraduate degree in a field closely related to the program the student is applying for, from an accredited university and their degrees to have the following marks (or above). Applicants that have qualifications that are close to these criteria can still apply but it is up to Logicom's discretion to consider the application further:
2. Be able to demonstrate high English language proficiency (TOEFL score of 80/120, or equivalent. The English proficiency exam is waived for applicants who received their BSC degree in a program taught in English)
4. Hold Cyprus citizenship and be lawfully resident in the Republic of Cyprus for the last 2 years
5. Have date of birth after 1.1.1991
6. Have completed any compulsory army obligations by the start of the Master's program (for males only)
7. Apply through www.logicom.net/EN/scholarships and include the following documents
The scholarship committee reserves the right to request the applicant to submit any additional documentation as it may consider necessary so as to assess his/her application.
8. Be available for an interview, if required by Logicom
9. Meet the BGU admission requirements.
10. Upon acceptance to BGU, successfully apply, obtain and maintain any applicable permits, including immigration permits (such as visa) issued by the State of Israel and a valid Health insurance.
11. All students in the program are subject to all and any BGU regulations and Israeli law, including, but not limited to, tuition payment regulations.
B. Evaluation and Selection by Logicom
1. Logicom's Scholarship Committee will conduct the evaluation and make the recommendation to the Logicom Board of Directors.
2. The Logicom Board of Directors will review the recommendations of the Logicom Scholarship Committee and has the right to make final decisions at the absolute discretion of Logicom Board of Directors.
3. The decisions of Logicom Board of Directors will be final and cannot be disputed
4. The applicants will be informed by email for the preliminary - provisional decision of Logicom by 2nd August 2019.
5. Logicom, upon acceptance of the applicant by BGU, will review again and confirm within 1 month, the scholarship award subject to these Logicom scholarship terms.
C. BGU Applicants Evaluation and Admission Decision
1. Upon preliminary scholarship award by Logicom, BGU will aim to match the applicant's interests as per the chosen MSc program above, with an advisor that is available to guide the prospective graduate student for the Master's thesis required by the program.
2. Upon successful matching with a BGU advisor, the prospective graduate student will need to formally apply to BGU for acceptance to one of the programs stated above. BGU has the absolute decision authority to review the applicant as per their entry requirements and make the appropriate admission decision.
3. Upon successful admission decision, Logicom will provide at its absolute discretion its final scholarship decision as per point B(5) above.
D. Responsibilities of Successful Applicants
1. The successful applicant will need to sign a Logicom Scholarship Agreement for the scholarship funding to commence.
2. In order to receive the scholarship funds, the successful applications must remain in good standing in the BGU program, for the planned duration of their study. The actual payments will be periodic. To that effect, the term 'good standing' means maintain a GPA of at least 75.
3. Program changes are not allowed
4. Upon completion of the program, the successful applicant must inform Logicom Scholarship Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) by sending a confirmation of their Master's degree, within 1 month of completing the program.
5. The successful applicant undertakes the responsibility to work for Logicom for two years, if Logicom offers an employment contract after the applicant sends a confirmation of their Master's degree.
6. If the successful applicant decides not to work for Logicom for the above period, then the applicant will have to refund the full amount of the scholarship to Logicom within one month of such refusal.