We are currently looking for a Networking Engineer based in Nicosia, Cyprus. The successful candidate will be analysing, designing, installing, configuring, migrating, maintaining, and repairing network infrastructure and the associated application components and must be able to do so from inception to hand-over in an autonomous, self-sufficient manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Designing and configuring LAN switching, IP routing (unicast and multicast), network security.
- Acting as the primary customer technical contact.
- Responding to inquiries from clients, staff, service providers and vendors to provide technical assistance and support.
- Maintaining multi-site network operations.
- Acting as an active member of networking solution design and delivery teams.
- Carrying out site surveys and audits.
- Providing accurate feedback to the rest of the team with regards to customer requirements and required changes.
- Travelling outside Cyprus for short-term assignments when necessary.
- Managing assigned projects and programs components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Achieving reliable, timely and high-quality design and deployment work, troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services and accurately diagnosing root cause.
- Designing and configuring documents.
- Completing any other duties as assigned by management.
Skills & Qualifications
- ≥ 2 years of hands-on experience as a networking engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Wide know-how of ICT field and networking in particular with areas of deep specialization.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Cisco switching, routing, security, and the associated ecosystem.
- Valid industry recognized accreditation in CISCO Networking, CCNA or equivalent would be considered an advantage.
- Very good working knowledge of the following protocols and technologies: TCP/IP, Ethernet, IS-IS, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, PIM, Quality of Service, all STP variants, HSRP / VRRP, MPLS (Layer 2 and Layer 3 Services, traffic engineering), WAN technologies and DWDM.
- Familiarity with using the network Management tools.
- Familiarity with industry best practices and international, national and industry standards.
- Team player.
- Fluency in both Greek and English.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Logicom is committed to provide equal employment opportunities for all regardless of their race, colour, sex/gender, religion, age, marital status, cultural background, disability, nationality and political opinion. Employees are hired solely based on a specific vacancy’s requirements, taking into consideration the qualifications, previous experience and potential of each individual candidate.
We reserve the right to remove the announcement from circulation at any point in time when a satisfactory number of applications has been received.
Only applicants whose previous experience and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position will be contacted.