The Cloud Technical Specialist with focus on infrastructure solutions and migration services plays a critical role in leading migration projects to move clients’ systems to Microsoft Azure or AWS or OCI, optimizing infrastructure for performance and cost.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicating with clients to understand their cloud migration needs and requirements.
- Providing expert advice on migration best practices and potential optimizations.
- Leading migration projects to move clients’ systems to Microsoft Azure or AWS or OCI.
- Regularly reviewing and updating migrated systems as needed.
- Applying experience with migration tools from Microsoft Azure, AWS and Oracle OCI.
- Staying updated with the latest migration technologies and trends.
- Leading migration-related projects and ensuring they are completed on time and within budget.
- Coordinating with other teams to ensure migration is integrated throughout all projects.
- Collaborating with other team members to enhance migration processes.
- Sharing knowledge and insights about migration technologies and trends.
- Regularly testing migrated systems to ensure they are working as expected.
- Identifying areas for improvement and implementing necessary changes.
- Documenting all migration protocols and measures clearly and accurately.
- Maintaining records of migration incidents and responses.
- Responding quickly and effectively to any migration issues or incidents.
- Identifying the cause of the issue and implementing measures to prevent future occurrences.
Skills & Qualifications
- University Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field. Master’s degree in a related field will be considered as an advantage.
- Experience with migration tools from Microsoft Azure, AWS, or Oracle OCI.
- Understanding of networking, storage, and computing on the cloud.
- Relevant certifications at cloud architect level in the above clouds, or a plan to acquire them.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in project management will be an advantage.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Logicom is committed to provide equal employment opportunities for all regardless of their race, color, sex/gender, religion, age, marital status, cultural background, disability, nationality and political opinion. Employees are hired solely based on a specific vacancy’s requirements, taking into consideration the qualifications, previous experience and potential of each individual candidate.
We reserve the right to remove the announcement from circulation at any point in time when a satisfactory number of applications has been received.
Only applicants whose previous experience and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position will be contacted.